Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Blogs, Lovely Blogs

Tomorrow is my book group (which I'll tell you about in a later post) and, sad to say, I haven't finished the book this month. We're reading The City of Falling Angels by John Berendt. It's not that I don't like the book, I've just been preoccupied. It's the blogs.

They're just SO interesting. YOU are all so interesting. I love it that you can read about someone next door or someone on the other side of our small planet. And that you can discover how different yet similar you are to someone who leads such a seemingly different life. And maybe those of you who have been at this longer than I have can tell me if this excitement and nosiness obsession continue. Will I learn how to manage it better?

It's so fun to read archives and follow the lives of some of you. I've thoroughly enjoyed reading about Autum as she's discovered the joys of sewing -- my gosh, what beautiful purses she's learned to make in such a short amount of time! And what fun to read about Jean, who shares my grandmother's name and is such an
incredible knitter. She whips out those sweaters so quickly -- it takes me a year! And the archives I finished just today of Isabelle. I ran across a comment she left somewhere mentioning that she lived in Scotland. So, of course, I had to check her out. I loved reading about her students and the funny things they write. And, although it would seem that we have very little in common (Isabelle! What willpower you must have to be a vegetarian -- I discovered two of my very favorite meals in your bonny Scotland -- Bangers and Mash and Shepherd's Pie -- how can you resist?), we do have similarities -- children close to the same age, parents to look out for, and a Scottish heritage.

The best thing about these blogs is the sharing. I love to comb the blogs for ideas. Just last week, Simple Sparrow posted these. It was just the inspiration I needed. My quilty peeps are coming for a day of sewing on Saturday and now I'll have a fun little gift to give each of them.







What did we ever do without the blogs? They're like our own little quilting bee that's spread around the world.

XOXO,
Anna

1 comment:

KBG said...

I've been blogging for a year now and I'm just as bad as ever. I've gotten so much inspiration though, so I count it as "research".