Thursday, July 19, 2007

Another KnitNight

The quilty peeps and I still get together occasionally (we miss you Gurney!) to knit. We're very casual with our schedule and we don't have a set night or anything. We just get together when it's convenient. It's a good thing for me -- it keeps me regularly knitting. Otherwise, knitting might be swallowed up by my everyday activities. Lorna and I are still arguing in between working on my little Scruffy project.

Tonight, Junie brought her finished bag that I showed you way back when. Can you believe this was her very first knitting project??? She did a fabulous job, and I'm very proud of her! It's looking very stylish on her bum, don't you think?
This bag is called the Coco Bag and you can find the pattern here. She started one of these little bags tonight and it will be a breeze compared to the Coco Bag.
With the pink and brown, I think Junie's bag would be very pretty mingling with MeMum's coneflowers. MeMum has the prettiest patch of coneflowers. I was there the other day and there were bees and butterflies everywhere.
A few odds 'n ends:
I might just have to buy a yoyo tool. Have you seen these? Them'r cute!
I'd love to have this sign in my kitchen.
It's no secret that I love to camp. How cute are these?
And, do you have a fabulous brownie recipe? You should enter this contest -- you could be the next browniebabe and just look at the super apron you could win!

XOXO,
Anna

20 comments:

Jade said...

Both your photos of the flowers are stunning, Anna. Can I ask what camera you use?

Sarah and Jack said...

If you do a little googling, Penny Sanford can teach you the heart yo yo sans tool. Don't know about the flower though, but I love them.

Barefoot_Daydreams said...

OK, I've changed my mind. Those flower yo-yos are pretty stinkin cute!

I am working on another yo yo quilt. I just can't resist. All black and white and this time, it will be bigger!

Deirdre said...

Love love love get-togethers! Your friend's purse is super fantastic. Is is felted? I love the grommet. I'm working on my grommet skills but honestly? it's another tool I have to figure out how to store in a way that lets me remember I own it.

Judy said...

I love the purse and ventured over to yours that you posted earlier and love it. I think I may make one or some!! Also I saw your bunny pincushions..did you ever post a pattern? I love those they are so cute. I keep exploring and finding all kinds of neat things on your blog. I wish I had found it sooner but it's fun catching up.

Locket Pocket said...

Bunny Pincushions? Where are they hiding? You didn't tell me about those!!!! Hope you are ok. Still don't know what to make you! Lucy

P.S. Word verification is qpigzi - how did they know I was going to have an indian takeaway?!! fancy calling me "pigzi"!

dutchcomfort said...

Yet another idea: making felted bags. What a wonderful idea! Thank you for the pattern!

meggie said...

Knitting can be so soothing!
Love those pretty cone flowers.

Anonymous said...

Your moms flowers are great. Love them. I love the knitted bag too. I did a small one and decided knitting was not for me. I'll stick to quilting and crocheting.

posie blogs Jennie McClelland said...

As a non knitter, i'm loving what i'm seeing on these blogs in the knit craft arena. Very impressive. I must also start watching this Big Love show, as we get in Australia, on our international channel SBS (where i live in Darwin NT, we only have 2 commercial channels) as everyone is recommending this show to me. Love your flowers too, my 4 children are really into gardening, love them. Love Posie

Pam said...

Oh, oh, aren't we all different? I love Meggie's comment - "Knitting can be so soothing". Hmm. Not the way I knit.

Coneflowers, now - they're soothing.

(By the way, in reply to your comment re salaries: here, it's very hard to get into med school - you need top grades and for your high school to recommend you for sainthood, yes. But my boy's salary will be more than mine when he's 23, after 6 years of uni (and actually he did another degree in the middle, so it could have been 5 years) while I did 5 years at uni - 4 of English and then one of teacher training, have been teaching since 1900 and am 103. But hey - one of my kids will be solvent! I'm not really complaining!)

Yummers! said...

Hi,
Send me your address via my email on my site so I can get a surprise off to you this week. Hmmm... wha will it be?
Joni

Heather said...

I would love to share the cherry almond granola recipe - give me a couple of days to post it...my in-laws are visiting at the moment. I'll le you know when it is up.
Heather

Ragged Roses said...

Beautiful coneflowers. Love the camping embroidery and the knitted bag too!
Kim x

Anonymous said...

The bag is great and the flowers are lovely!

Biscuitbear said...

The coco bag looks very professional! And those little felted bags in yummy colors, adorable.

Anonymous said...

Groovy bag and beautiful flowers :)

Amanda Jean said...

that felted purse is awesome for a first knitting project. thanks for sharing all the great links. it was fun browsing!

Kate said...

Wonderful pictures!

molly said...

That coneflower/butterfly photo is AWESOME!