Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Hard Work Deserves a Reward.

SweetiePie has taken me under her wing. I started trying to clean the sewing room a few weeks ago by folding fabric, etc. and I just didn't get very far. The poor room is just too far gone. I got bored at the lack of progress and lost interest. Enter SweetiePie.After dinner last night she said "C'mon Mrs. Thimbleanna, lets go tackle that sewing room." She grabbed armfuls of fabric and moved them to the adjacent room and the ping pong table (where much folding will take place.) She cleared shelves. Ahhhh. That felt so good. Then we had room to work. We sorted and organized the paper supplies. We worked until midnight and got about 1/3 of the work (not counting fabric folding) done. Painting and sewing supplies are left to do.I'd show you pictures, but it's possible that you'll never see pictures of the dungeon. My sewing room shares space with all the household mechanicals. I've managed to partition the room a little with some big cabinets, but it's still dark and dingy. No windows. I'd love to have a spacious, bright sewing room, but the truth of the matter is, as long as I have a little light and electricity, I can still sew. On sewing days that are just too pretty to miss, I move my machine upstairs. Can't let a little thing like a dungeon come between us and our sewing, now can we?But, I digress. SweetiePie worked hard to get me going. And she gave me just the push I needed. Even if she can't help me anymore, I have a plan for the rest of the organizing, so I can finish myself. I think she deserves a little present, don't you? So, I thought I'd give her this little bag I just made. (Remember TheEmptyNestChild's scarf? It wasn't a scarf.)I saw this pattern at an Indianapolis LYS. They were out of the pattern, so I just bought some yarn and decided I could figure it out myself. It's just a rectangle of knitting with cables in it. Any combo of cables would probably be cute. And it was a pretty fast project 'cause it's knitted on size 17 needles. I mail ordered the purse handles from Ewe & Eye.
So, special thanks to SweetiePie. She's a keeper. And I'm sure you can tell why I named her SweetiePie!

XOXO,
Anna

25 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, she is a sweetie pie! And the bag is lovely!! I especially love the choc brown ribbon threaded through like that. Very cute!

Vivian Love said...

Lovely bag. I enjoy reading your blog. Thanks for sharing!

Sarah and Jack said...

Oh my. The cuteness of this bag takes my breath away! I want one of my own!

Barefoot_Daydreams said...

How cute! And what a friend! I need a friend to come help me pack all of my crafty junk.

Jade said...

Oh that's so sweet to have a helper clean up your work room! The bag is well-deserved....but, but, but you still need to reveal some of your craft room. Just a small corner please?

dutchcomfort said...

Where does SweetiePie live? Can’t she come over to help me organize? Whoever she is..., she has been a very big help to you. Lovely bag you made, and the ribbon is a great joice!

Locket Pocket said...

Lovely bag Anna - lucky sweetiepie! Having a really great (future)mother-in-law/daughter-in-law relationship is such a wonderful (and relatively rare) thing! She's very lucky to have you and vice versa! As for the lack of photos of me on my blog - well I didn't want to put all of you nice people off! Anyway I was quite cute at 8 so you got that one instead!

Anonymous said...

Anna,
The purse is so pretty! I sounds like you and SweetiePie are both lucky girls!

Heather said...

I love the purse - it is very cute!
Heather

Anonymous said...

What a perfect purse! I love the brown ribbon!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! so wishing i could knit...:(

Berber said...

What a sweet bag... a lovely present!

Vita said...

I need a SweetiePie! I have a daunting dungeon of my own. This bag is very cute with the pretty brown ribbon setting off the pink. Does SweetiePie have a pretty pink and brown print sundress to wear with this?

Sarah said...

Wow, that bag is gorgeous! The brown ribbon with the lovely pink yarn is wonderful. Sounds like she deserved it though, it's nice to have a little jolt of organization to clear out the cobwebs!

Judy said...

OOh I wish I could knit...that is so cute and I love the ribbon. Just perfect!!

Anonymous said...

I WANT THAT BAG - how cute is that. You have to quit making these dang cute bags, I can't keep up with wanting to make them myself. So if I come and help you clean will you give me one LOL. Seriously that was a sweetie pie thing to do. You know after seeing my sewing room pics that I can really appreciate that kind of help. Now keep going and don't give up - it really does feel GOOD :) And I think your sweetie pie is really a "keeper"

Hugs - Karen

Yummers! said...

That is a really, really cute bag. Love the ribbon running through it! Oh... by the way... I picked up your surprise and I should get it in the mail tomorrow. Thanks for being patient.
Joni

Vallen said...

That bag looks like one I saw in a very good dream I had once. It's very close to perfect.

Lena said...

I could sure use a SweetiePie in my craft room! Lovely work on that bag! The ribbon is a perfect touch!

tricia said...

Lovely. Size 17, really? Fabulous, I love instant gratification projects!

Amanda Jean said...

I love the bag...the cable pattern on it is perfect. I love the colors, too.

Maggie said...

OH MY GOSH !!!! I love, love, love that bag !!!! What kind of yarn did you use and how did you stitch it to the handles? It's absolutly perfect in everyway.

Anonymous said...

That purse is to die for. Very cute.

Malka Dubrawsky said...

I love the purse and the polka dotted ribbon is a wonderful touch.

Anonymous said...

Very pretty cabley goodness!