Friday, March 30, 2007

Now this is funny....

Among the many blogs I love to read is Gyl at Rhembein. She makes absolutely beautiful purses and children's clothing, lives in an idyllic setting, and posts fabulous pictures of newborn lambs. So, tonight, I was reading a post about a no-complaining challenge she has joined. Hmm, this is interesting. And at the bottom of her post, she has tagged three people to join. Wow, isn't this interesting, one of them is named Anna, just like me. So, I mouseover. Wait. It IS me. HahahahahaHahahahHhhhhaaaaaa! The challenge is to not complain about anything for 21 days. Me??? Gyl! I've been married to TheManofTheHouse for TWENTY-EIGHT years (ahem, I was a 7 yr. old bride) -- you're asking the impossible !!! (And, BTW, TheManofTheHouse is laughing even harder -- there's no way I'm even going to mention this to the boys-- they'd have a field day with this one!)

Ok, now, I'm attempting to regain my composure. I'll have to try it! How could I not -- I'm feeling honored that Gyl thinks I'm up to the challenge. So, here are the rules (as copied from Gyl):

There's a movement right now to help create a Complaint Free World. Can YOU do it? Can you go without complaining for 21 days? Scientists say it takes 21 days to break a habit and create a new one. So can you? Here's what you need to do.
1. Click on Beki's blog to order a free purple Complaint Free bracelet.
2. Tag at least 3 people and spread the word. Challenge them to participate.
3. Sign the Mr. Linky On Beki's Blog so we can see how far this goes!
4. The final step, and most important. STOP COMPLAINING! You put your bracelet on and any time you catch yourself complaining you must switch it to the opposite wrist. The goal is to go 21 days without switching it. If you switch it, your 21 days starts all over again.

Of course I'll probably die with my purple bracelet on one of my arms. And said demise will probably be hastened since no complaining will cause me to swell up and with that elastic on me and my circulation will be cut completely off. But, oh well, it's all in the name of self-improvement in blogland.

I have to tag three other people, so I'm tagging Sandi, Sunny, and Sierra 'cause your names all start with "S" and like Sunny's name implies, I'm sure you all have sunny dispositions and never complain! (And I'd like to apologize to those of you who are PG, I know it's rather unfair!) As your disclaimer, I won't be offended if you choose not to join in!

XOXO,
Laughing-still Anna

P.S. Gyl -- there's NO way you'll make it complaint free longer than I will!

1 comment:

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

Haha!! What a funny coincidence.

I'm excited you're taking this challenge with us! It should be fun. :) (I have to admit I'm a bit nervouse myself...)

I'm off to check out the rest of your blog.
~Beki