Thursday, April 26, 2007

My Favorite Pasta Salad

The weather this past weekend was so beautiful and stirred up visions of summer to come. Now, however, it's cold and rainy as winter coughs up it's last (hopefully!) gasp. The forecast promises better weather after tomorrow, so, in preparation, I thought I'd share my favorite summer salad.


Ham and Chicken Salad

Salad:
3 oz. (1 cup) uncooked pasta nuggets
2 cups cubed cooked chicken
1 cup cubed cooked ham
1/2 cup sliced red onion
1/2 cup sliced celery
1 *8 oz.) can pineapple chunks, drained

Dressing:
1/2 cup tarragon or cider vinegar
1/3 cup oil
2 tablespoons honey
1/2 teaspoon celery seed
1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
1/4 teaspoon salt

Cook pasta to desired doneness as directed on package; drain. Rinse with cold water.

In large bowl, combine all salad ingredients. In jar with tight-fitting lid, combine all dressing ingredients; shake to blend. Pour over salad; toss to coat. 4 (1 1/2-cup) servings.


This salad should have kind of a sweet and sour taste to it, so it's better if you make if several hours before you're going to serve it. I always have to at least double the recipe because TheManoftheHouse loves it!

XOXO,
Anna

6 comments:

Vallen said...

That sounds like summer in a bowl. Maybe if we all make it we can conger up some warm weather along with it.

Anonymous said...

Now the dressing in this salad looks wonderful. I shall have to try it and I shall let you know how I get on.

Cherry xx

Anonymous said...

This salad looks delicious! And so summery...thanks for sharing.

We're having a bit of a cool, rainy blast leftover from winter, too.

XO,
Jill

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Mmmm, the combination of Tarragon vinegar, honey and mustard for thre dressing sounds soo fresh. Great recipe, I'll need to make this for my husband some night.

Jade said...

Looks very scrummy! Will be filing this away for a meal idea this weekend :-)