Tuesday, January 16, 2007

A new knitting movie....

I got an e-mail from a friend of mine at work today. She knows I knit and sew and etc. The subject line read: You are so hip. Then she said, Check this out:

http://today.reuters.com/news/articlenews.aspx?type=entertainmentNews&storyID=20
07-01-16T131646Z_01_N10288166_RTRUKOC_0_US-BOOKS-AUTHOR-JACOBS.xml&src=011607_09
33_ARTICLE_PROMO_also_on_reuters

That's just so funny. These days it's hip to make handmade things. Not too long ago it was oh-so-boring and old-fashioned! The best thing is that my friend wants to learn how to knit. We'll be bringing new meaning to Brown Bag Lunches at our workplace.

I'm off tomorrow on a little trip for work. I'll be gone for a few days. If you happen to be in O'Hare or Newark and you see this bag
















you'll know it's me! I made this a while ago so I'd have a place to put my laptop, purse, book and knitting all in one bag. I hate the standard laptop bags -- they're so padded they just add a bunch of extra weight. Besides they're a thief target. A few years ago, I was in L.A. and had my standard laptopy looking bag stolen from the trunk of my rental car. How'd they know it was in there? Bet they wouldn't have taken a quilted bag! The briefcase had my laptop, work papers, a book and some hand embroidery I was working on. I didn't care about losing any of it except for my little embroidery hoop. It was the old-fashioned springy metal kind of hoop and I'd had it since I was a little girl. It held such wonderful memories of years of embroidering -- I surely felt violated by its loss!

I'm still hoping you have snow where you are -- we're amazingly still snowless here in the midwest!
XOXO,
Anna

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you posted this. I've got to make a diaper bag, and wanted to make something using several different fabrics but not the same patchwork I've been doing. Something like this will be perfect. Do you mind if I borrow your design?

Thimbleanna said...

Oh Autum! I'm so please you like it and of course you may use it. That's what I hope these blogs are for -- so that we can all share ideas with each other.