Friday, January 19, 2007

O'Hare all Night...

In keeping with their recent run of poor performance, AA once again cancelled the flight I was on last night from O'Hare to home. Again. The last flight of the night. I really didn't feel like driving home again and arriving home at 3:30 a.m. like last time. And what really was the point in spending $100 on a hotel room for 5 hours (midnight by the time I would get to the hotel and then leave by 5 a.m. to get to O'Hare for the first a.m. flight.) So, I just sat in the airport all night. Thank goodness for WiFi. I read blog archives all night -- Turkey Feathers to be specific. I really had great fun and the time passed so fast. And imagine how beside myself I was at 4 a.m. to see this. What an adrenaline boost! The long lost poodle pattern. I embroidered every single one of those on dishtowels when I was a little girl and in recent years I've been looking for that pattern. Will be ordering soon!

And speaking of embroidery, I finished this little project for my niece's birthday.















My sister just redecorated her bedroom in these fabrics, so I turned my embroidery into a little pillow. I think she was pleased! I purchased the pattern from an awesome little quilt shop in Salt Lake City called Whimsy. If you haven't been there, go out of your way -- it's worth it. They used to be in Heber City (on the other side of the mountains) and were featured in the BH&G Quilt Sampler in 2002 or thereabouts. Then they closed, but fortunately, reopened in SLC a year or two ago.

Well, the downside of being awake for 36 hours is that I'm getting tired and apparently emotional. I watched this little video with tears in my eyes...it's very sweet. Guess I'm missing my own little peapods and hoping the angels are watching over them while they're away at school.

Have a wonderful, restful weekend!
XOXO,
Anna

No comments: